Monday, February 02, 2009

Interesting Problem

I came into work this morning, to find my inbox full of errors from one of our production applications. This application has been running full time for a long time.  The exception that our app was throwing was:

The security timestamp is invalid because its creation time ('xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx:xx PM') is in the future. Current time is 'xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx:xx PM' and allowed clock skew is '00:05:00'

After a little searching (ok, it took 30 seconds), I stumbled across a great post about this.

A little further digging and my assumption was correct, this is actually tied to Kerberos.

Anyway, in this case, I didn’t follow the easy solution of changing the binding behaviour, instead I got out systems guys to ensure that all the machines in question have their clocks correctly syncronised.. It seemed like a better long term solution.

No comments: