Friday, May 25, 2007

The Pub Without Beer

Well, not quite. But the situation was very very close.

A pub without a working toilet. That's right, there I was, happy after having a few beers with my friday Surf 'n Turf, thinking how I really shouldn't have had so many, and desperately needing to relieve before getting into a car for the ride back to work. Unfortunately when I got to the gents, there was a very nice sign informing patrons of the "outside water disruptions" and how the facilities were closed to the patronage.....

Anyway, it got me thinking more about systems, and how, despite their continual uptime and reliability, a single outside factor can easily take down a system. Yet with a little better planning, system up time can still be maintained (yes, a water tank may have solved this problem)...

1 comment:

Steve said...

lol - cop it eddie!!

Hope things are good in your new job :) Thanks to you - I'm now working maintenance on passwords! WOO WOO!