Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Outlook Social Connector

I finally got around to installing outlook social connector today onto a machine running outlook 2003. The install went smoothly but I was surprised that the default installation doesn’t come with any pre-installed providers.

The first two providers I’ve installed are for Facebook and Windows Live Messenger.

Some of my contacts came up without any issues, unfortunately many of my contacts use multiple email addresses for home/work etc. This isn’t an issue with OSC, I just had to go through my outlook contacts and ensure that I had all email addresses that they use entered correctly.

With that done, OCS seems to connect most of my contacts pretty well now.

In general, it looks pretty good. I think with a few more features, like the ability to reply to facebook posts etc would make OSC a must have.

I’ll post with some more thoughts once I’ve used it for a few days.

 

Stay tuned,

Ed.

No comments: